What is Mazda SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY?
SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY is a crucial part of what makes new Mazda vehicles so fun to drive! Whether you’re in something fast and nimble like a new Mazda3, or something sporty and capable like the new Mazda CX-9, you can bet that SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY is powering you forward. Whether you drive gas or diesel, this innovative design philosophy allows you to enjoy superior fuel economy without compromising on power or performance.
SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY: Gas & Diesel Engines
Here’s a quick look at what makes engines with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY so unique:
- The SKYACTIV®-G is the Mazda version of the aspirated gasoline engine.
- It’s available in 2.0L or 2.5L 4-cylinder configurations.
- SKYACTIV®-G offers air-fuel compression at an impressive 14.0:1 ratio.
- Compared to other gasoline engines, this increases fuel-efficiency by as much as 15%!
- SKYACTIV®-D is this manufacturer’s response to the standard diesel engine.
- Compared to other diesel engines, SKYACTIV®-D offers an even lower compression ratio.
- As a result, fuel economy and emission levels are improved dramatically.
- Where can you find SKYACTIV®-D? This engine will appear in the upcoming Mazda CX-5 Diesel.
SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY: Transmissions
To complement the SKYACTIV®-G and SKYACTIV®-D engines, Mazda has created two superior transmissions:
- With this 6-speed automatic transmission, you’ll enjoy the fuel economy of a CVT, and the seamless, controlled shifts of a dual-clutch automated manual.
- The SKYACTIV®-Drive transmission works with the engine to boost fuel economy by 4%-7%.
- Some drivers will prefer the SKYACTIV®-MT, a lightweight 6-speed manual transmission.
- It offers a more engaging drive without wasting fuel.
SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY: Body, Chassis, & Handling
What is SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY in Mazda vehicles? It isn’t all about engine and transmission features! Looking beyond the powertrain, we find that SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY has permeated nearly every aspect of the Mazda lineup. Here’s what you can expect:
- SKYACTIV®-BODY technology reduces weight by up to 8%, and increases rigidity by up to 30%. The result is a vehicle that’s more agile and safer to drive.
- The SKYACTIV®-CHASSIS goes even further to improve performance, reducing the vehicle’s weight by up to 14%.
- It also includes a new and improved suspension system, as well as now electric power steering.
- Have you ever experienced SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control? It improves control by dropping engine torque and shifting weight to the front wheels when you’re moving around a curve.
Put SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY To Work for You!
Ready to see the Saipan roads in a whole new light? Find a new Mazda vehicle in our inventory and experience SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY for yourself. Contact us today to set up your test drive or secure financing.
Want to learn more about Mazda performance features? Check out our guide to Mazda i-ACTIV AWD®.