10 Unique Things to Do in Saipan
If you’re looking for non-touristy things to do, you’ve come to the right place. With a plethora of scenic views, stunning sights, and genuine culture, you’re sure to enjoy your time in Saipan. Here are 10 things to do in Saipan:
- Grotto Dive Site Expedition: Don’t miss a trip to one of the most famous underwater caves connected to the ocean in the Northern Mariana islands.
- Forbidden Island: Enjoy hiking and adventuring at the Forbidden Island. It’s not easy to get to, but it’s worth it.
- Banzai Cliff: The Banzai Cliff marks the site where Japanese citizens and soldiers committed suicide. While the area has a sad past, the beautiful sights are wonderful to behold.
- Bird Island: Another incredible natural spot on Saipan is Bird Island. Don’t miss it! You can also encounter tons of local bird species at the Saipan Botanical Garden.
- Last Command Post: Don’t forget to visit the Last Command Post. This was the last command center of the Japanese military during WW2 on Saipan. You can walk through the bunker and see armaments and tanks as well.
- Garapan Street Market: Enjoy free entrance to the Garapan Street Market every Thursday. You’ll find local cuisine as well as international foods. In general, Garapan is a great place to explore if you want non-touristy things to do in Saipan.
- International Festival of Cultures: The International Festival of Cultures features the diverse cultural landscape of the Northern Mariana Islands. Free entrance!
- Mount Tapochau: Hike to the top of the highest point in Saipan, Mount Tapochau. Located at the center of the island, this peak gives you a gorgeous 360-degree view of the island.
- Kalabera Cave: Explore Kalabera Cave to learn more about this history of Saipan while taking in pretty natural formations.
- Managaha Island Historic District: Take a trip to the Managaha Island Historic District, a small islet off the west coast of Saipan, to explore a lesser-known part of the CNMI and get a new perspective of the islands.
Mariana Islands Tourism
At Triple J Auto in Saipan, we’re proud to support Mariana Islands tourism. Although we’re primarily a family of car dealerships, we also operate a number of Saipan restaurants, including Tony Roma’s, Capricciosa, Truong’s Vietnamese Restaurant, and Great Harvest Bread Company.
Learn more About Saipan
Whether you’re planning to stay in Saipan for some time or you just want to take a quick trip around the island, we’re here to help. At Triple J Auto, we’re proud to serve our customers with our extensive selection of new and used vehicles. If you’re looking for a new vehicle in Saipan, don’t hesitate to visit Triple J Auto for a test drive today!
More Things to Do in Saipan
With its beautiful beaches and the wide variety of marine activities available, Managaha Island is one of the most popular destinations for visitors to the CNMI. It is also an official historic district and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Learn more about Managaha Island Historic District in this guide from Triple J Saipan….
Whether you’re just visiting, or you’re thinking about living in Saipan, there are plenty of things to keep you occupied day and night. Check out our list of the best picks on the islands to spend more time enjoying our island and less time looking for creative things to do. Read More Local Saipan Guides…
If you’re planning a visit to Saipan and the CNMI, you’ll find plenty to do and more places to explore than you’ll have time for. These suggestions, however, will help you make the most of your time so you can see everything you want before you have to head home. About Our Community Involvement Anatan…